- This event has passed.
How to Build your Freelance Career: Everyone's Doing it But No One is Talking About It
June 11 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Want to grow your side gig? Go freelance? Eventually add an employee to your business? You don't know what you don't know (or maybe you do know what you don't know). You know? Join us and others in your shoes. Learn from industry experts including insurance, legal, and HR on what you need to keep in mind. Then hear from a panel of people who have traveled the path of side gig to freelance. We hope you'll walk away not knowing a little less.
This event will be catered by Cafe Corazon and each ticket will get one free drink!
- 5:30 - 6:00: Networking
- 6:00 - 6:15pm: Introductions & Sponsor Thank Yous
- 6:15 - 6:45pm: Industry Experts
- 6:45 - 7:45pm: Panel
- 7:45 - 8:00pm: Q & A
- HR / Business Insurance / Medical Insurance
>> Todd Catlin, Transition Health Benefits
- Pricing, Invoicing & Billing
>> Alice Zaganczyk Peterson, MS, CPA - AM Accounting & Tax Services
- Legal Documentations
>> Stephanie Melnick, Melnick & Melnick
- General Entrepreneurial Resources
>>Brent Halfwassen, Halfwassen & Associates, LLC & BizStarts
Freelancers/Business Owner Panelists:
- Emily Strozinsky, Strozinsky Design & Brainchild Studios
- Nereus Dooley, Doubleberry Interactive
- Nadiyah Johnson, Jet Constellations
- Joseph Salvatori, (Tech Director) Zero Studios & (CEO) Commonstate
- Moderator: Kiley Peters, Brainchild Studios